Greene County Public Safety Center – Springfield, Missouri
The Safety Center is home to the Springfield-Greene County Office of Emergency Management, Springfield-Greene County 9-1-1 Emergency Communications Center, and the Greene County Sheriffs Office Training Division. During an activation, the building may house up to 200 personnel; including representation from law enforcement, fire, public works, utilities, hospitals, public health, public information, National Guard, state officials, relief agencies, and more.
- The building meets FEMA 361 Standards and can withstand winds of up to 250 mph
- A 600 kilowatt generator provides emergency back-up power
- The foundation and surrounding lot and structures consist of 5,146 cubic yards of concrete
- The visual display in the Emergency Operations Center is 16′ by 34′ and capable of displaying 16 individual information feeds
- Serves as the State of Missouri’s emergency backup, should the Jefferson City facility experience down time